Due to its presence in the higher education community, an investment in the future of ACPA is an investment in all our futures. You will have the satisfaction of creating a lasting legacy that supports the vital work of the Association. We invite you to join our proud members and become part of the Heritage Society. You may remain anonymous if you wish, although we encourage you to share your intentions as a way of encouraging others to join you.
An Invitation to Join the Society
Donors are invited to join the Heritage Society when notifying us of a planned gift. We will request documentation to ensure that the planned gift is legally viable and that the donor’s intentions can be carried out in the future.
How to make a Planned Gift
To make a gift for the benefit of ACPA through your estate plans, please specify the legal beneficiary as the ACPA Foundation, Inc. Heritage Society donors may designate their planned gifts to a particular program or initiative of their choice. Gifts can be added to or used to establish an endowed fund, as a way to sustain annual gifts in perpetuity.
Types of Planned Gifts
You can join this special group of benefactors and become a member of the Heritage Society by remembering the ACPA Foundation in one or more of the following ways:
- Bequest: include a gift to the ACPA Foundation in your will or trust
- Retirement Plan: designate the ACPA Foundation as a beneficiary of your IRA or 401(k) plan
- Life Insurance: designate the ACPA Foundation as a beneficiary of a life insurance policy
- Charitable Remainder Trust: establish a tax-exempt trust that provides benefits to multiple parties: the donor, the individuals receiving income from the trust during their lifetimes or a specified number of years (20 or less) and the chosen charity or charities receiving the remaining principal at the end of the trust term.
The primary reason to join the Heritage Society is to experience the satisfaction of knowing you are helping generations of future ACPA members. Other benefits include:
- Significant tax savings for you and your family.
- Costs nothing now, yet gives you the satisfaction of knowing you have provided for ACPA in the future.
- Control of your assets during your lifetime, and the option to modify your bequest if your circumstances change.
- Invitations to an annual event held in honor of Society members.
- Acknowledgement of your generosity in ACPA publications (unless you wish to remain anonymous).
- Regular communications regarding important tax information, estate planning, and other useful information.
- Special invitations to Convention events, as well as events at the International Office.
- Inclusion of your name on the Heritage Society plaque at the International Office
Contact Leila Moore if you need additional information or wish to discuss a planned gift.