Sources of Revenue
The Foundation is pleased to report that annual financial support provided by the 24 members of its Board of Trustees, as well as support obtained from corporate partners, covers all operating expenses of the organization , allowing donations to the Foundation from individual donors to be directly allocated to one of the programmatic initiatives of the Foundation and the Foundation investment fund.
Since 2000, the Diamond Honoree program has been an important source of new dollars for the Foundation, accounting for nearly $500,000.
Income sources and fundraising efforts of the ACPA Foundation include an annual campaign across the entire ACPA membership, corporate philanthropic programs, interest generated from a growing investment fund, annual recognition events, special activities, and estate planning.
Within the past three years, the Foundation has begun to reach out to corporate friends and has appreciated the support received by several friends who have helped fund some of the Foundation’s activities. The Corporate Partnership program is one which not only will help to provide resources that will enable us to realize our goals, but will also provide a twofold benefit to our corporate friends. First, our partnership provides our corporate partners with an opportunity to invest resources into programs and activities that complement their philanthropic goals; and, second, the program offers them an opportunity to become associated with a Foundation that is eager to share its wide knowledge of student issues and concerns.
Together, we can make a difference in the lives of students.
Funds Generated Support
- About Campus – Between 2000 and 2002, the Foundation provided $2,000 annually to assist with the training of the editorial staff of the magazine, for a total of $6,000.
- Annuit Coeptis – For each of the last six years, the Foundation has provided approximately $2,500 for the convention activities of this organization, which annually recognizes senior and emerging professionals who have been or have benefited from a mentor during their years in higher education. (Approximate Total = $15,000)
- The Foundation’s Grants Program – Since 2001, the Grants Program has provided funding in support of 20 research or educational programs for which an ACPA member has been the principal investigator. Over these years, the Foundation’s Grants Program has awarded approximately $70,000 in grants.
- General Support of ACPA – Annually, ACPA receives $12,000 from the Foundation for programmatic initiatives as determined by the Association leadership.
- Growing the Investment Fund – Over the years, the Foundation has continued to invest a portion of its income into an investment fund that now stands at nearly $320,000.
- Expenses Associated with Initiatives of the Foundation – During the past two years, and with the assistance of a consultant, the Foundation designed new print materials, developed its own web site, contracted with a planned giving firm to provide members with information regarding deferred/planned giving, and outsourced the management of its web site and its donor database and financial management to an association management firm.